TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Walgreens will start stocking the life-saving drug Narcan.
According to the national pharmacy chain's website, it is part of their national plan to combat drug use.
Narcan is used to reverse the effects of opioid drug overdose.
The release says the nasal spray will be stocked in all of its stores nationwide.
The company said they are adopting CDC recommendations to educate potential patients about Narcan when they receive a controlled substance of "50 morphine milligram equivalents" or more.
To read the full release from Walgreens, click here.
- Walgreens to stock Narcan at all pharmacy locations
- State awards grants for narcan
- Walgreen's fighting back on the opioid epidemic.
- Two local counties receive grant for Narcan
- Local pharmacy struggles with new state program
- 2018 Farmers' Almanac Locations
- Homicide victim's car located
- Local pharmacy offering free flu shots; while supplies last!
- To get around pharmacy gag rules, ask about drug costs
- Police locate Oswald's Honda CRV