TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - America's oldest standing vaudeville theatre is now on the market.
We are talking about the Hippodrome.
It could be yours for less than $300,000.
The building is located at 8th and Ohio in downtown Terre Haute.
It has served as the Scottish Rite Temple since 1955.
Before that, some big names performed there, like Lucille Ball, Will Rogers, and Bob Hope.
The building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in the early 80's.
- Historic Terre Haute building could be yours for $300,000
- New Terre Haute apartment building nearing completion
- Historic building in downtown Terre Haute likely new home of CANDLES museum
- Historic Terre Haute house opened its doors to the public
- Historical marker honoring Syrian population unveiled in Terre Haute
- Propane tank heater explodes, catches fire at former ICON building in Terre Haute
- Fiber Cement Building Products Manufacturer Allura Re-Opens Terre Haute Plant
- Terre Haute Police selling bracelets to help build statue for Officer Pitts
- Launch Terre Haute hosts women-centric event
- Coca-Cola bottle born in Terre Haute