TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A group in Vigo County is still working to save convention center plans at the Hulman Center.
Six members of the Capital Improvement Board want the State Budget Committee to delay their vote, releasing money to ISU for Hulman Center renovations.
ISU got approval from education officials to move forward with those renovation plans last month.
If the Budget Committee also gives approval - the Convention Center idea for a 90-day delay.
They hope to regroup with ISU and save the original convention center project.
- Group working to save convention center plans at Hulman Center
- Food and beverage tax progresses; new convention center in sight
- Brantley Gilbert scheduled for stop at Hulman Center in 2018
- Dozens of vehicles escort Officer Pitts' coach to Hulman Center
- Hulman Center renovation bids coming in higher than expected
- "How many lives were saved because of Rob's dedication?" Thousands attend Hulman Center service for Officer Rob Pitts
- New partner talks Meadows Shopping Center plans
- Food, beverage tax increase passes Senate, would fund new convention center
- Vigo Co. CIB asks State Budget committee to delay Hulman Center vote
- People line up at Hulman Center to pay respects to fallen Officer Pitts