WORTHINGTON, Ind. (WTHI) - A Worthington, Indiana woman faces charges of neglect of a dependent after allegedly burning an infant in her care.
A probable cause sent to News 10 from the Green County Circuit Court Clerk says 25-year-old Justine Daugherty was babysitting a 13-month-little boy for a friend.
The child ended up in the hospital with first and second-degree burns on his feet and legs.
A doctor told police the burns were from what is called dipping burns.
That's when a child is placed into a hot tub or basin.
- Worthington woman charged with neglect of a dependant
- Woman booked on neglect charges, police say two animals found so decomposed they couldn't tell what they were
- Woman involved in deadly child neglect case waits to hear how her sentence will be served
- Parke County man charged with neglect when police say he hurt a child while drunk
- Indiana mom charged with neglect in gun death of 2-year-old
- Sullivan animal shelter overcrowded after Paxton animal neglect
- Woman arrested on charges of child exploitation
- Woman accused of neglecting her child to the point of death back in jail, accused of failing to report to probation...three times
- Suspect involved in Vigo County child neglect case agrees to plead guilty
- Four arrested in connection to child neglect case in Clay County