WORTHINGTON, Ind. (WTHI) - A Worthington, Indiana woman faces charges of neglect of a dependent after allegedly burning an infant in her care.
A probable cause sent to News 10 from the Green County Circuit Court Clerk says 25-year-old Justine Daugherty was babysitting a 13-month-little boy for a friend.
The child ended up in the hospital with first and second-degree burns on his feet and legs.
A doctor told police the burns were from what is called dipping burns.
That's when a child is placed into a hot tub or basin.
- Worthington woman charged with neglect of a dependant
- Woman booked on neglect charges, police say two animals found so decomposed they couldn't tell what they were
- Sullivan animal shelter overcrowded after Paxton animal neglect
- Suspect involved in Vigo County child neglect case agrees to plead guilty
- Four arrested in connection to child neglect case in Clay County
- Montezuma man arrested for child neglect after children found walking down road
- Sarah Travioli receives sentence for her part in child neglect death
- Woman claims in court charges against her are false
- Bridgeport woman charged after fatal crash near Lawrenceville
- Attorney named for Charleston woman charged in son's murder