TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The most recognizable product package was made in Terre Haute.
The Coca-Cola bottle was born in Terre Haute in 1915 - over 100 years ago.
A community-wide initiative kicked off on Thursday evening to promote tourism to Terre Haute.
Large bottle sculptures painted by area artists will be placed outside several businesses.
Organizers hope to have at least 25 bottles on display by springtime.
They say this is just the first of many events that will take place for the celebration.
For questions or more information on sponsorship contact Sally Whitehurst at 812-238-6427.
- Coca-Cola bottle born in Terre Haute
- Group working to make the Coca-Cola bottle and Terre Haute
- Terre Haute Coca-Cola warehouse to move, around 15 will be out of a job
- World's most recognized bottle comes to life in Terre Haute
- Launch Terre Haute hosts women-centric event
- Road closure in Terre Haute starts Monday
- Terre Haute man sentenced for child molesting
- Wanted Terre Haute woman found by police
- Kidney care facility opens Terre Haute location
- One killed in Terre Haute fire