VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - One in three American families struggle to buy diapers. That's why Covered with Love is stepping-up.
Covered with Love is the area's only diaper bank.
Founder Angie Francis met with Terre Haute's Mayor Duke Bennett. The mayor recognizes this week as diaper need awareness week.
Francis says several diaper drives are being held locally this week. She says the diaper need runs deep in our community.
"Well this is my second year doing it. So last year we gave out over 1,800 diapers,” Francis explained. “So far this year we're over 3,000 so that shows you that the need is there, and the need is growing."
If you'd like to donate to this cause, click here for more information.
- Covered with Love helping Wabash Valley families struggling to buy diapers
- Event creeps into Wabash Valley
- National spotlight on Wabash Valley
- New Executive Director at the Wabash Valley Family Sports Center
- PLUS graduation helps inmates at wabash valley correctional facility
- Wabash Valley city helps give homes a facelift
- Foster family nonprofit comes to help children in the Wabash Valley
- Wabash Valley school receives national honors
- Rain provides small relief to Wabash Valley
- Veterans Day in the Wabash Valley