SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A Correctional Officer finds himself on the wrong side of the law.
25-year-old Aaron McQuaid was arrested Wednesday morning and charged with trafficking with an inmate and official misconduct.
McQuaid admitted to having tobacco in a pill bottle and a suboxone strip in his wallet along with $180. Investigators say he also admitted to previously smuggling 50 suboxone strips into the facility for an offender in exchange for a $500 pay-off.
Officials say McQuaid was fired and taken to the Sullivan County Jail.
- Correctional Officer arrested for trafficking at Wabash Valley Correctional Facility
- Sullivan Co. man arrested for trafficking at Wabash Valley Correctional Facility
- PLUS graduation helps inmates at wabash valley correctional facility
- Visitor Arrest at Putnamville Correctional Facility
- Correctional Officer arrested, accused of trafficking with an inmate
- Wabash Valley Correctional Facility worker charged for misconduct with an offender
- Offenders at Wabash Valley Correctional Facility helping to feed those in need
- Wabash Valley Correctional Facility Offenders get hands on training for life after release
- Arrest made in community corrections arson
- Federal Correctional Officer arrested for conspiracy, bribery and other charges