DELPHI, Ind. (WLFI) — On Thursday, the family of Abby Williams and Libby German shared their feelings about Daniel Nations' possible connection to their deaths.
News 18 spoke with Libby's grandparents, Mike and Becky Patty and Abby's mom, Anna Williams.
They said they want nothing more than justice for the girls. But they won't stop their search for the killer until investigators know they've got the person responsible.
"It was almost like Christmas Eve. You're like, 'Oh, maybe this is it,'" said Williams.
That was her reaction when she saw the comparison of Daniel Nations' picture to the sketch of the man who took the life of her daughter, Abby.
But she and the grandfather of Libby German say although this may be another piece leading to justice, they're leaving it in the hands of investigators.
"We've always been asking for another piece, another tip, no matter how big or small. This one may prove to be that, but I think we need to make sure we wait until those facts and information is available to make an arrest," said Mike Patty.
Libby's grandmother Becky Patty feels the same.
"Yes, we have our fingers crossed, but we're not going to put a lot of stock into it until we hear from law enforcement," said Becky Patty.
She says they've had their hopes up before and do not want to stop searching until they know the killer has been caught, "If it's not him, we're not going to give the real killer a break. We're going to keep searching for him and make his world smaller."
And if Nations' does turn out to be the man who took the teens' lives back in February, Williams says it's just another, but important step in a long process of healing.
Williams said, "The next step is not looking for who took our girls. We've never been here before so we don't know what the next step is going to feel like."
The families say investigators haven't told them what's next for Nations'.
At this time, they're asking everyone keep sharing the sketch and to call in any possible tips.
Much is still not known at this time about the man who has created the stir in Delphi today.
- Family of Abby and Libby remain hopeful in light of new developments
- LIVE STREAM EVENT 5:30pm: Justice for Abby and Libby
- Justice for Abby and Libby: Sitting down with Sheriff Tobe Leazenby
- Marshall hoping for grant that could help develop housing
- Family and neighbors react to developments in missing person case
- Indiana families hopeful about proposed ‘foster parent bill of rights’
- TRAFFIC: 19th Street remains closed
- Final Fork: 32 restaurants remain
- Experts: Check lights before storing Christmas decorations
- Governor signs Indiana workforce development bills