VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The group 100+ Women Who Care is making a big difference in Vigo County.
The group awarded $16,000 to the Terre Haute Symphony Orchestra on Wednesday.
This grant will sponsor the March 24 concert which will give more than 100 free tickets to boys and girls under the age of 18.
Arts organizations across the country are facing financial issues, and the Terre Haute Orchestra is no different.
So, a donation like this is huge!
"It's hard to keep going. And so this particular gift is actually arriving at just the right time because we're going through a reorganization process - we're reconsidering our business model, we're doing things a little differently,” explained Carol Templeton and David Bowden.
The average cost of a symphony orchestra concert is $20,000!
- 100+ Women Who Care of Clay County making big impact in Vigo County
- 100 Women Who Give makes $15,000 donation
- Clay County group receives donation
- From Vigo to Sullivan County, Officer Pitts had a big impact
- 100 Women Who Care donate $13,000 to Camp Navigate
- "Final Descent Outdoors" star makes stop in Clay County
- Vigo County Public Library joining the Big Read program
- Fire destroys Clay County house, investigation underway
- Boil order for Clay County residents lifted
- Clay County 4-H hosts fundraiser dinner