TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Each year the Humane Society of the United States releases its list of Horrible Hundred dog breeders. Four Indiana locations made this year's list.
Those facilities are in Greens Fork, Montgomery, Odon, and Reelsville.
According to the report, a dead and bloody puppy was found in a water dish at one location. Other animals were found with open wounds or suffering from heat stress.
The United States Department of Agriculture is tasked with inspecting the facilities. The Humane Society uses the reports to compile the Horrible Hundred list.
In the last year, the USDA has redacted information like the names of the breeders. The Humane Society claims the "lack of transparency" hinders efforts by law enforcement and consumers.
To see the full report, click here.
- 4 Indiana locations make "Horrible Hundred" list
- Local dog breeder makes "Horrible Hundred" list
- 2018 Farmers' Almanac Locations
- Homicide victim's car located
- Police locate Oswald's Honda CRV
- 21 voting centers approved for Vigo County, including one located on campus of Indiana State University
- Sears releases closure list, did Terre Haute's store make the cut?
- New Indiana state laws go into effect soon, here's the list
- Azzip Pizza opened their 7th location
- Kidney care facility opens Terre Haute location