VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - People only have a few hours left to give their feedback on the next leader of Vigo County Schools. The online survey closes at the end of the day Friday.
Click here to respond to the survey.
Here's what the next few months will look like:
- Friday, March 23: The last day to respond to the public survey.
- Wednesday, March 38 – Friday, March 30: The search committee will send results to the school corporation.
- Friday, April 2: Applications close.
- May: Interviews continue; Candidate will be picked end of May
Terry McDaniel with Indiana State University is in charge of researching candidates.
The search committee is looking for someone who is going to see big picture problems. For example, how to handle your student's safety with school shootings are on the rise nationwide.
The committee says Vigo County Schools are not worried about enrollment, unlike other districts. They also aren’t concerned about private or charter schools.
Instead, they're looking for a leader who will be a trendsetter for education.
"They have big shoes to fill,” said McDaniel. “They know they can't be Danny Tanoos, they have to be their own person. But they have to have a strong enough presence with all those different groups.”
- 2,000+ responses to Vigo Co. Superintendent survey; Timeline of what's next
- New: Breakdown of survey results for Vigo County Superintendent Search
- Almost 2,000 Vigo County residents file for property tax appeal
- Village needs survey responses to save taxpayer dollars
- Vigo County Public Library pouring over survey data
- Little league break in will cost $2,000
- Potential cost and timelines released from officials in new Vigo County Jail study
- Hiring process for next Vigo Schools Superintendent already underway
- First day for Vigo County students and superintendent alike
- Short timeline for fall color viewing