VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Olympic Gold medalist Dr. Gregory Bell paid a visit to Terre Haute South Vigo High School on Tuesday morning.
The 87-year-old, who grew-up just down the road from the school, had a strong message for everyone in the audience.
‘If you want something bad enough, there is a way!’
“There is no set path laid out for anyone to the road of success,” Bell stated. “I would like them to understand primarily that if you want to and you believe that you can, you can."
Bell won a gold medal for the long jump in the 1956 Summer Olympic Games held in Melbourne, Australia.
- 1956 Gold Medalist makes a visit to Terre Haute South
- #ConfirmKavanaugh makes Terre Haute stop
- Santa's reindeer visit Terre Haute Children's Museum
- Terre Haute South student makes governor's STEM team
- VCSC Board meets at Terre Haute South
- Golden Apple: Terre Haute South's Traci Kyle
- Terre Haute's Coke mural making big progress
- McGruff the Crime Dog visits Terre Haute school
- Gov. Holcomb coming to Terre Haute to visit Stark Industries
- Two escape safely from south Terre Haute house fire