GRANTS PASS, Ore.-- 28-year-old Abby Beckley affectionately calls herself worm girl.
This comes after an incident in summer of 2016, when she discovered worms were in her left eye.
Beckley says while her eyes are fine now, at the time she was in a panic, since there's little documentation of people having worms in their eyes.
In fact, the CDC says she's the first person worldwide to have cattle flies infect her eyes.
A year and a half later...
Abby Beckley says, "I didn't lose any vision, nothing happened, it feels fine."
Beckley is sharing her story so more people become aware that this can happen.
Abby Beckley says, "Because it is so broad, and amounted to the fact that I live in Southern Oregon, if this happens to someone else, I want them to Google this and find stories and see that this girl lived through it and is ok and I'll be ok too."
- 14 Worms Pulled From Oregon Woman's Eye
- Keep your eyes peeled for tax scammers
- Trump considering pulling security clearances of critics
- Diabetes rates continue to rise, Vigo County over 14 percent
- Illinois governor grants 6 petitions for clemency denies 14
- Earthquake kills 14 on tourist island of Lombok in Indonesia
- Drug companies want Supreme Court to take eye drop dispute
- Sushi Lover Pulls 5-Foot Tapeworm From His Own Body
- Facebook questioned about pulling Android call, text data
- City council votes to pull tax abatements for Sony DADC