VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - 100 Women Who Care of Vigo County donated $13,000 to help local children on Wednesday.
They chose the non-profit Camp Navigate because of the camp's mission.
They're set on teaching skills and traditional values.
Camp Navigate says they'll use the donation money on two projects…
1. To supply financial assistance for after school care for students in the West Vigo area
2. On a new program called "Teen Navigators"
Organizers are excited to use this money to expand.
"We know the workforce demands are only increasing so Camp Navigate is here to help really teach kids at a young age, the importance of employability skills,” explained Lori Danielson. “Shaking hands, looking people in the eye, please and thank you, those are all important things in our workforce."
According to their website, Camp Navigate’s summer camp registration will be available in March.
- 100 Women Who Care donate $13,000 to Camp Navigate
- Camp Navigate
- Camp Navigate summer camp prepares kids for future
- 100 Women Who Give makes $15,000 donation
- Navigating Cough and Cold Medicines
- 100+ Women Who Care of Clay County making big impact in Vigo County
- Organization received big donation
- Area parks preparing for camping season
- 14th and Chestnut holds summer camp
- Local Masonic group celebrates 100 years