SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A Freelandville man has died after an equipment fire in a Sullivan County mine.
It happened last Friday at the Bear Run Mine in Duggar.
Peabody Energy operates the mine.
A spokesperson told us the man involved was a 60-year-old contract employee.
According to police, the victim was using a 'large-haul truck' when it suddenly caught fire.
The driver jumped from the truck.
The victim was transported to Regional Hospital in Terre Haute, where he later died.
The Mine Safety and Health Administration is still investigating the incident.
- Man dies after Sullivan County mine accident
- Greene County man dies in mining accident
- Sullivan County Ambulance update
- Early morning accident caused power outages in Sullivan County
- Sullivan County sheriff piecing together night of fire victim's accident
- Terre Haute man dies in Edgar County motorcycle accident
- Terre Haute man dies in Montgomery County construction accident
- Manhunt in Sullivan County for wanted man
- Wanted man arrested in Sullivan County
- Sullivan County man safe after water rescue